Vacuum viewports can be supplied in the following formats
- Conflat Flanged Viewport, CF Flanged Viewport
- ISO-KF Flanged Viewport
- ISO K Flanged Viewport
- ISO-F Flanged viewport
- Bespoke Flange viewports to Customer requirements
- Viewport material Corning 7056 glass Kodial®
- Standard Flange material is 304L stainless steel, (316L on request)
- Spinning material is Kovar
- Maximum Temperature 400°C
- 3°C/Minute Maximum Heating Rate
- 1.487 Refraction Index
- Cleaned to UHV standards
KF glass viewports
We hold an extensive range of glass viewports
The glass viewports are manufactured using optical quality ‘Corning 7056’ glass which is sealed into a Kovar metal transition piece and then Tig welded into the stainless steel vacuum flange.
Our demountable viewports for high vacuum systems allow users to change optics without having to replace the complete viewport, which saves money, and is very useful if optic damage is likely, For example, in laser applications. Our demountable viewports are constructed from stainless steel304L (1.4307) with an aluminium alloy retainer and can be installed on standard vacuum ports (CF, KF, ISO), no special adaptors or fittings needed. They are UHV cleaned and helium leak tested.
Optic materials available borosilicate glass, UV grade fused silica, sapphire, zinc selenide (ZnSe), magnesium fluoride (MgF2), barium fluoride (BaF2) and calcium fluoride (CaF2). Other materials may be supplied on request.